Procedures of Conducting teaching


           After long process of election that have been conducted by my university Ganesha University of Education and the committee of SEAMEO, I was so lucky, I passed the test and became part of this program. It can be said that the process to be able to be accepted was not easy; a lot of preparation should be prepared. There was no frivolous candidates were elected, the participants were really smart and brilliant on their own subjects. After received by the receiving university, I was oriented by the university to prepare some things regarding with the schedule for the practicum, here are the procedures of practice which have prepared by the university and receiver school. It was divided into four stages of procedures.
1. Observation week. On this one full week the practical students were only focus to do observation on the school and classroom. I was introduced to the whole places in the school, started with the buildings, school system, the teachers and staffs, school facilities, school activities, and of course the students. Then the other participants were divided to our own classes which I got grade 11 and 9 for my class observation, I got introduced by the principal to my critic teacher. She was ma’am Karen J Barcelita. She was the advisor of grade 9 and I was chosen to help her to be her co-advisor. Then after being introduced to the whole school, I was given a chance to observe my classrooms on grade 11 originators and voyagers and grade 9 developers and examiners. I was observing the classes four times a day one hour each, I was supposed to consume 20 hours for observation, but there were some holydays that made the observation did not run as the schedule given.      
2. Teaching Assistantship week. On this week, I did more collaboration with my critic teacher in making lesson plan and helped her in the classroom. She showed and explained me how to make good lesson plan that later I used for teaching. The lesson she taught me was different with I have learned but I have to adapt it in order to make the teaching process run well. The lesson plan used was the semi-lesson plan like what she has instructed me. And for classroom activities, I helped her to do some preparations, likes preparing projector, distributing quiz paper, and etc. I learnt a lot to prepare my teaching activity. I did many consolations to my critical about the lesson plan that I made, material that I chose, and strategies that I would apply. If there any consultations, there must be a revision, I took the revision seriously during that time.
3. Classroom teaching week. I was so excited after observation and teaching assistantship conducted, there was my chance to apply the lesson that I have been learnt. Teaching activity was conducted after the critic teacher accepted the lesson plan, materials, assignment, and strategies used. After those are accepted, the real practicum will be conducted. On this week also I had my first initial meeting (first assessment), my performance was assessed by my critic teacher Ma’am Karen and SEAMEO committee Ma’am Lalaine in order to be able to give me some feedbacks.
4. Classroom teaching and reflection. I was still have my teaching experiences for several days on this last week, but also after the final visit (final assessment) was conducted on Tuesday I was officially ended the classroom activities and it was continued with reflection. My critic teacher was told me everything regarding to my teaching experiences, she advised me and congratulated me. That was so happy to know that I did it.
So those are some stage of procedures that I have conducted before teaching activity has begun.              
           
(Grade 9 students)

(Grade 11 students)

Share:

1 komentar:

  1. Good and briefly Explanation, the procedures was quite the same as what we have learnt and got from our classroom. I already read all of your experiences nice work bro.

    BalasHapus

Flag Counter

Blogroll

Blog Archive

Recent Posts