Challenge During Practicum

"There is no word of fail, as long as we want to try and face  it" -Melisa McHome-


              The practicum actually was quite challenging, the students mostly were very active to participate or or just only curious with me because it was their first time having practicum teacher from different country they were very enthusiast which mean there was a lot of questions were asked by the students.  Some students were hyperactive in the classroom, it was very hard to face these problem in case that they were not only active within discussion but other things which out of the context such as shouting and laughing over control but i tried my best to handle the situation and applied my knowledge that I got from my class (classroom management). I was absolutely designed my own rules to save my classroom environment and created some creative activities during the learning process like group performance or individual activity. And the activity was transferred students interests successfully.
                 Another challenges was a few students was lack of active in participating, I had to manage the class equally no students left behind so I tried to combine some approaches in order to give those who were not active in the class a chance to participate based on their skill and psychology like, in form of written task, or group participation which asked all students to move. And unbelievable their skill was not in stating opinion orally or by moving their body but it was more specific like written project. I need to encourage all of the students but based on their need and ability instead of pushing all of my students to speak.  
            Accent also was become be the problem, at first and second weeks I was struggle to understand their accent even with my teacher. Since Philippines were colonized by Spanish their culture and accent were adapted by that country, but I tried to speak frequently to my students to make sure that what I have heard were correct or understandable. Then it was also related with my students’ name, mostly their names were adapted with Spanish and I was rarely heard that kind of names, and I was always pronounce their name incorrectly, and my students laughed at me.
            Politeness also was become my concern, both left or right handed here are polite. I was shook when my students raised their hand by using left hand or took/gave something for me by using their left hand. At first it was so odd, but I must accept it, because my mother always say to me wherever I go I have to adjust with the environment that I lived. Have not taught which culture was right or better.

.  

Share:

1 komentar:

Flag Counter

Blogroll

Blog Archive

Recent Posts